Sexual assault is one of the hottest topics of today’s generation. According to studies and research, the number of cases of sexual assault is alarmingly increasing. Whether it occurred in a workplace, public place or even at home, it is one of the main concerns that the government should give attention to. Hence, as an individual, it is necessary that you are aware of this topic. Sexual assault could happen to anyone. So to let you be prepared, here are some facts about sexual assault.
- According to studies, women have more tendencies to be sexually assaulted than men. It shows that 1 in 5 women or 20% experienced sexual assault.
- A person they personally know assaults most of the victims of sexual harassment.
- About 43& of women who were raped, didn’t tell anyone about the assault.
- Sexual assault is considered as the most underreported crimes across the globe as only 5% of women who were assaulted reported to the authority.
- Rape causes about 32,000 pregnancies every year.
- 4 out of 5 rape victims subsequently suffer from chronic psychological or physical condition.
- Survivors of rape are 13 times would like to commit suicide.
With these facts about sexual assault, it is very alarming in our generation to have such crime being rampant across the globe. College settings and workplace have always been the top places where sexual assault occurs. Hence, it should be a starting and a revolutionary point for us to fight against this kind of crime. Women are usually the victims of sexual assault. We should take necessary actions and preventive measures such as hiring Philadelphia criminal appeals lawyers. With this, we will be bale to have a clearer knowledge about sexual assault and it will be a preventive action against possible doers of this crime.